The client is a municipality that had obtained ISO 9001 and 14001 for its management system. It is one of the communities with the highest quality of life, and also, it is the cleanest and safest in Chile.
As an answer to citizens´ requests for an optimized garbage service collection that, also has the responsibility of cleaning the streets, the city chose a new waste collector service.
The goal was a cleaner and more organized city. With this new system, the city wanted to develop a tool that allowed neighbors to coordinate garbage pick up, so that the trash remained less time on the streets.
Development of a mobile app so neighbors could see the trucks´ locations and time remaining before passing by their homes. This app would be a mobile collaborative proyect that involved IncluIT and Junar (Open Data Platform).
- Detect neighbor location.
- Detect garbage truck location.
- Shows truck route.
- Shows the ongoing route of the truck.
- Indicates the time remaining before the truck passes the user´s home.
- Indicates if the truck is operative.
- Shows day and time schedule of trash collection.
Location, Google Maps, Sensors